Quiet and Relaxation

I'm glad you could visit. My stitching brings me joy and is a source of relaxation. Visit often and feel free to leave comments.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Frog is gone.

I was beginning to wonder if I was supposed to stitch this Blackbird Design. It's called Snow Garden.....I started it 4 times....first over 1, then decided I wanted it full sized. So I pulled out a piece of Stormy sky 32ct. even weave I had in my stash....got the house done and did NOT like the way the colors were turning out....they didn't look anything like the cover pic so I frogged the house and chose my own colors using 4 of called for colors but one of those for a different symbol.Then I got the border and house done and the border was off 1/2 thread so I had to frog all of it. Finally started and continued with no further problems.

7 comments:

Christine said...

Looks beautiful! Congratulations on sticking it out and finishing - That's perseverance!

I'm doing BBD's Noel Bird and I probably changed at least half the colors. The colors in the picture are what attracted me so that is what I matched up to rather then the given list.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Perseverance pays off. It looks great!

requilt said...

I always wonder if I will ever like a project that gives me fits of start-overs and frogging but yours has turned out so pretty.
I'm sorry it was a bit troublesome for you but you could never tell from the stitching.

Elaine said...

Sorry about the frog. It;s beautiful!

paulafrances said...

That is lovely. I'm working on the Anniversaries of the Heart all on one piece of fabric. I started in the center with Swan lake and worked up... jus tabout to go to the Jan design. I've read so many comments, I'm going to take a hard look at colors before I start!

Petites xxx et Cie ! Mon petit coin de Paradis said...

It's just beautiful. I love all designs of the Anniversaries of the Heart, I would love to stitch all them together!
Love / Bisxxx
Fran├žoise

Sally said...

It looks beautiful. I had problems with this one too but it was well worth sticking to it :)