Quiet and Relaxation

I'm glad you could visit. My stitching brings me joy and is a source of relaxation. Visit often and feel free to leave comments.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A finish & Celebrations

If you ever have the opportunity to go to Celebrations at any location, I would recommend it. I took one class and thoroughly enjoyed it once I got there late because I thought it was the next morning. ;(. I also ended up adding the Friday night event which was very nice also. Next time I will take a round robin class to experience more....also I did quite nicely thank you on the stashing front and besides this was my retreat for the year....so instead of hotel & meals just stash & a class.....I will tell you my first purchase was me making a beeline to Inspired Needle to choose a pair of Dovos which I had been wanting but wanted to fondle before purchase...good thing...3 1/2" wouldn't have worked for me. Got a few charts there too...then on to Shakespeare Peddler...WOW...love this room/shop...I got 2 patterns, 2-1/4 yds. of 40 ct fabric(more than enough for the patterns) and 10 'ka-ching' silks for the two charts I got from Keslyn's room.

I spent more time at Celebrations actually stitching though....spending the money didn't take that long so I planted myself in the nice seating area in the lobby with some friends and stitched the afternoon away till that night's dinner.

So alas, Just a few minutes ago I put the last stitches in on My Big Toe-Morning prayer. I intend to frame this right up and make it a point to read it regularly to keep me on track.

5 comments:

Vonna said...

It is a GORGEOUS, STUNNING finish :)
And I know reading it every day is something that I need to do too. Congratulations!!!

Theresa said...

Beautiful.

Sounds like you had a great time at Celebrations, I would love to go to something like that someday.

Sally said...

What a gorgeous finish Teresa:)

Sounds like you had a great time.

Rita said...

Gorgeous finish, Teresa!

Shari said...

wow, that is gorgeous.....This is my first time to your blog & first time I have seen this prayer....What an awesome reminder for all of us...