Quiet and Relaxation

I'm glad you could visit. My stitching brings me joy and is a source of relaxation. Visit often and feel free to leave comments.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas

We finally got the tree all decorated...it takes several hours to put the tree together and fluff it, an hour or so to put on the lights and about 2 days of a few hours each to get the ornaments all set. I love it when it's done though. It's a 10 ft tree and looks so real in person. You can see my many years of cross stitch ornaments from stitching friends.

f

I haven't been stitching the last few days until an hour or so ago. I've been heming 5 2yd. fleece blankets that are Christmas gifts. They are all done and ready to get wrapped along with all other gifts.
After finishing the fleece blankets I pulled out redwork block #9 and finished it up.


And here is Aury Tm's a gobble couple done up as a large cube. Took the picture before it got packed away till next year.

Back to my redwork....I'm on the last of the blocks.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Your tree is beautiful. 10 ft! Wow!

I love watching your progress on the redwork.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

And This Little Pig said...

Lovely tree Teresa, me I struggle with a six foot tree :@ but 10 feet leaves plenty of room for more stitched ornies.
Love Aury designs.
Merry Christmas :@
LiBBiE in Oz

Christine said...

Your tree is absolutely beautiful! I commend you on 'fluffing' ten feet worth! The stitched turkey couple are adorable!

CalamityJr said...

What a gorgeous tree! I can't imagine one that tall in my small home, but I love it in yours.