Quiet and Relaxation

I'm glad you could visit. My stitching brings me joy and is a source of relaxation. Visit often and feel free to leave comments.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have been busy finishing up Christmas preparations. When I sit down to stitch I have been working on an 'almost finish'. This Dimensions Snowy St. Nick was done all except the cording and french knots, which I decided to replace with beads and am quite happy I did because they sparkle nicely(in person). I can picture him done up as a banner for next Christmas. He is about 15 x 18.
Dimensions Snowy St. Nick


Next is a fob I made from the pattern of Just Nan's Flora Fifteen. The other side is pink. Actually I made several of these pieces and realized they were the wrong count for the white ones so the spares(1 set) ended up as this fob.
Just Nan Floral Fifteen fob


These next 2 are the results of my trial with Hobby Lobby framing. The original intention was to just order the frame and put them together myself. The young man helping me said they lace so I thought I'd give them a try. When picking up another young man was helping me and said all over coverage stretches better(duh, but most cross stitch isn't all over coverage). Anyway even though they aren't as straight as I'd liked they are probably just as good as I a non-professional framer could have done....can't decide if they will get the whole job in the future. 
Lizzie Kate 6 Fat Men
 This one isn't quite centered and is the worst for being more skewy (word? lol).   ;(
Lizzie Kate Snow Belles

Since it's Christmas, I thought I would show our stockings.

 Mine is two sided since I liked both hobby rooms.



9 comments:

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Very nice stitching and finishing, Teresa. Santa is wonderful, and the stockings are beautiful!

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful stockings :)

Vickie said...

Wow! I mean, WOW! So impressive and beautiful. Especially Snowy St. Nick.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love your Santa...stunning and SO. MUCH. WORK!
Love the stockings :)
The Snow Men and Ladies...very nice. I never have had Hobby Lobby Frame, but I have had Michaels and have had mostly good results a few disappointments.

Denise SA said...

All your finishes are wonderful

Quiltsmiles said...

Beautiful finishes. Those Christmas stockings have so much detail in them that I absolutely Love them! Jane

Grit said...

Wunderschöne Stickerei.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Brigitte said...

Wow, what a post! Snowy St. Nick is such a beautiful design, I just love it. Your L*K pieces look great in their frames. And these stockings are just stunning. They must have been a lot of work. Great job!

Precious Crafts said...

Looks like you've been busier than the bumble bee!:D The Snowy St Nick is a fantastic design!