Quiet and Relaxation

I'm glad you could visit. My stitching brings me joy and is a source of relaxation. Visit often and feel free to leave comments.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Another Sunday at home

Why lately have these storms been coming on Saturday night where it's keeping me from church on Sunday? I have a 50min drive to church so have to weigh the risk of driving it....we got 4+" of snow last night(that was supposed to be a dusting). Normally that would be find but DH said he NEEDED 4WD to get out of our subdivision(I don't have it, he does) and that vehicles were off the road all over the counties. News backed that up especially to the area I would have been headed....oh well, plowing the driveway later today so show 'n tell now.

Here are my 4 WIPS that are large enough to show progress pics.

Carriage House Samplings
Quaker Medallion Sampler
DMC on white evenweave 

By Gone Stitches
Quaker Virtues
40ct. linen with SNC Acorn Woods

Moira Blackburn
Three Things Sampler
Hand dyed 40ct. linen

Rosewood Manor
Spring Quakers
over 1 on Valor hand dyed fabric

10 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

Be safe today, I hate driving in winter weather! Love the progress on Spring Quakers.

butterfly said...

So much lovely stitching, hugs.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Take advantage of that quiet and relaxation -- it may be some time before you have the opportunity again. Great WIPs - nice to be able to work on them.

Ranae said...

Pretty stitching!!
Lovely WIP's

Mii Stitch said...

Bautiful stitching :)

Brigitte said...

Great WIPs, each of them. I stitched Moira Blackburn's sampler some years ago, it was so much fun although it took me a lot of time to finish it.

Nikki said...

Lovely stitching Theresa. I also have Three Things Sampler as a WIP. I love looking at your blog, as I have said before, we have similar tastes.

Nikki

Miss LindaLee said...

Better to be safe than sorry. Take the extra time given you and as you stitch, pray silently for those on your prayer lists. Enjoy the warmth of your home.

Beautiful stitching I see here. Keep up the great work.

LindaLee at
CrossN' My Stitches

Anonymous said...

Hi - how do you feel about doing spring quakers on the valor fabric? Do you feel that the background is too dark/grey? Do the colors pop on it? Or do you feel a slightly lighter green would have been better? I love the chart but I am really on the fence about the fabric.

Teresa said...

I like to respond to comments directly but this last question is from an 'anonymous' so can't. I like it on the Valor...yes they pop but I'm not using Valdani so can't say for them. Also the Valor isn't dark.