Quiet and Relaxation

I'm glad you could visit. My stitching brings me joy and is a source of relaxation. Visit often and feel free to leave comments.

Friday, April 12, 2013

At our house

Tough week this week for the area where my family lives and I grew up...I was in the area Wednesday night when an EF2 tornado came through. Thankfully no one was badly injured or killed from the storm but one Ameren worker was killed while trying to restore power. Prayers for all affected by this.
Our family will be busy cutting up 3 mature trees(2 of which were uprooted)in my sister's yard.

I put in the last stitches on this piece this morning. I'm not sure but I might go back and add a line at the top....it looks so unfinished to me...I did add a heart but it's still not 'right' to me.
Lizzie Kate
At our house
32 ct. Vintage Sand Dune
Crescent colors & DMC white

8 comments:

Vickie said...

What a really neat stitch Teresa. I am sorry for the damage done to your sister's and the town. So sad a worker died.

Natasha said...

What a pretty stitch! Sorry to hear about the damage, yes those storms last night were pretty wicked. Sending good thoughts and prayers to all affected!!

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching on your LK design!! Well done Teresa x

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

i like the saying in this, very funny - maybe will look more finished to you once framed?

Dirty Martini Queen said...

I'm so glad to hear that your family made it thru the storms safely.
Your LK design is really cute and whimiscal.
Donna

butterfly said...

Your work looks great, keep safe in those storms, hugs.

Sharon said...

Pretty finish! Congrats.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

At your House there's a real family living in a Home!